Sunday, September 2, 2012

Family Road Trip Day 1

So I have been pretty busy lately getting home from camp (which I plan on blogging about) then hitting the open road to Colorado with my family for a wedding. Now I'm back up at school and living with 2 of the same girls from last year and another couple of girls. But anyways... Family Road Trip.

One of our family friends Sarah was getting married so we all, my family and 7 other families over all we totaled 30 people. Came out from Minnesota to Colorado for the wedding. My family, like many of the others had decided that we were going to drive from our homes (on the Wisconsin side of Minnesota) to Vail, Colorado. My family left on Sunday morning and drove into South Dakota. Our drive we super fun, full of sleeping, listening to music and watching movies. Sorry to say, as much as I like South Dakota it's not super fun to drive through..

After driving for what felt like a year, but in reality it was only 5 hours, our first "fun" tourist attraction was the Corn Palace in Mitchell, South Dakota.

Unfortunately it wasn't nearly as exciting as we were hoping it would be. The decorations outside are completely made of corn and I'd suggest going to see it, I wouldn't say it's a MUST but it was fun to just get out of the car and enjoy being silly with my sisters.
We also hit up this super cool old drug store called Wall Drug. It had been there for a super long time and we got some free ice water (which is funny cuz Aly bought some tap water at the subway earlier that day).
Dad was feeling ready to be done driving by this point and probably a little sick of us at this point too. 

That night we stayed in Rapid City, South Dakota. The next morning we were going to be heading over to Mount Rushmore which is one place that my dad hasn't seen before my sisters and me. Our mom had been there before but it was back when she was a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment